BOARD OF HEALTH MISSION AND POLICIES
"Building a Healthier Tomorrow," through good community health practice, is the mission of the Pender County Board of Health.
The Board of Health works to achieve its mission by formulating public health polices that promote the health of the public through the provision of health services; prevention of epidemics and disease; protection of citizens against environmental hazards; promotion of healthy behavior throughout the community; appropriate response to disaster related emergencies; the quality and accessibility of health care to all needy citizens.
The Board of Health implements policy through health department programs that:
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems.
- Inform and educate the public about health issues.
- Mobilize the community through action and partnerships to identify health problems.
- Enforce the laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Provide the linkage to necessary health services for all citizens of Pender County.
- Evaluate the efficiency, effectiveness, accessibility and quality of personal and population based health services for the people of Pender County.
- Ensure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
Public Health Services
Protect Pender County Environmental Health
Register with NIB Health Insurance
Research at HPA Enviromental Hazards Centre